Saturday, June 26, 2010

please don't say THAT!

How do we teach our kids to not lie, but yet there ARE times when you just can't tell the truth either. And yes sometimes the truth is not nice, so we shouldn't say the truth. And so then we as the parents are caught in a moment like that what do we do? say? or in Madi's words "we just do nothing."

We were at the Met Bar and Grill for dinner tonite and with our luck we ended up with a new server. She was a pretty young girl and Tyler immediately took a liking to her and started his "flirting" tactics. He started to blurt out just random things and making a little fool of himself, but that's ok because he's 5 and so he's still cute...and of course she giggled, partially out of nervousness and partially because he's a damned cute kid. This thrilled him. The server was new and things were a little slow and of course Madi let it be known that this was taking too long by saying "what's taking so long?!" This is when I do my obligatory "Madi, that is not nice" and laugh it off. The dinner was one of the most awkward because our server was so nervous and clumsy. I became annoyed as it really was taking so long and so when she came back to collect the dishes she asked madi "how was your chicken was it good?" and Madi looked at her and calmly stated, "NO." I had to bite the insides of my cheeks to keep from laughing. I didn't do my obligatory please ignore her statement and let the poor server squirm. She stood there looking at Madi and just didn't know what to do. Madi proceeded to tell her, "it's dry, there is no sauce." and she continued to stand there. After a few minutes of the most pregnant pause she left. Gotta love my daughter.

So we walk into a store. The girl who helped me was very pretty and had a beautiful figure with very large breasts wearing a tank top. When I went to pay for my purchase the kids were giggling...and Madi says "yeah! I see her nip balls," and they both ran off giggling. That's when I realized that Tyler liked her too and nmust have told Madi that and why he liked her. I REALLY wanted to die right on the spot. Thank god the girl didn't understand what the kids were talking about so I quickly paid and ran off.

So with my very blunt children in tow I was a nervous wreck taking them to a movie. We went to see Toy Story 3, but before we went there we made a stop at CVS to get some candy. I know this is frowned upon, but please, I know I am not the only one. I paid $5 for a whole bunch of candies and you would have to pay $5 for single box at the theater. Sorry, but I feel that for a family of 4 to go to a matinee movie, with 2 large popcorns and 2 large drinks and have to spend $55 for it is a little extreme...so yeah I am bringing my own candy! Going in I was a wreck becuase I was just waiting for the kids to decide to tell everyone there that we went to CVS and she got a whole bag of bubble gum (she woke up with a dry underwear which got her any candy she wanted for the movie). So I had to explain that this was our secret and that they can't tell the movie people...Kevin had to add in that the police would come for us. Great idea, let's scare the crap out of them. That's when Tyler chimed in and said, "yeah yeah I know, uncle Tony told me that already." (Uncle Tony has taken Tyler to a movie just recently). I am happy to report though that we got in perfectly fine and ate all the popcorn and candy we went in with.

I am thinking for the next year I may not be able to take them out in fear of what may come out of their mouths...

No comments:

Post a Comment