Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Introducing ME!

So as I sit here and begin this new journey...totally new to this stuff and I'm obsessing over the font. REALLY?!?! One of my biggest fears in starting this is that I will offend people...if you think I'm talking about you then you should really pay attention and perhaps reread what I wrote...do you REALLY want to be like that?! And the best are my mother in law stories...although I may have to keep those in the vault or I could end up in a divorce...although sometimes that is not a bad thought! oh well, here I go...

My new and more exciting life started a short 5 years ago on November 21, 2004. My 2 bundles of joy arrived right around 3lbs a piece. So tiny and innocent. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with twins, boy was my husband a hero! high fives all around, "great aim" (hahaha, in a deep chuckle), "boy you hit the spot", etc. I listen to that with such disgust and I remind them that I was actually there too and might I add in much less attractive position. so yeah yeah yeah, heard this complaint before from every other woman who has been pregnant, but seriously! but it's like you hear it when they first find out about the pregnancy then you hear it again when the babies are born. Wow you really did a great job! and then there's me...hello?! do you not see me here high on morphine from the god awful deliverY?!?! was he the one who had a speculum (the duckbill) shoved into his penis while he was having a contraction??? And was HE the one who couldn't even let one rip after the surgery because his intestines were rearranged? THAT was when my new and exciting life started...

After the kids came home from the hospital (NICU for 1 mth), my HOOD sign came off my forehead as I had totally dried up...the well just dried up! and couldn't nurse or pump (basically the opposite of the BP problem today). It was exhausting. What was worse was that the midnight feedings were so hard on my husband. I would forget to close the bedroom door and the babies would wake him up. Boy what would I pay to be able to wake up and just go into the office and come home to "take care" of them for 2 hours. Note to self, next life no husband get a nanny. So I went back to work when they turned 3 months and got laid off when they were 1 years old. WONDERFUL. So that's how I got into brokering mortgages. I was a processor when I got laid off and this made the most sense. it allowed me to work from home, schedule my patchwork childcare and not pay through the nose for daycare for 2. And here I am today :) 4 years later, surviving and successful.

And now they are 5. Tyler is turning 6 and Madi will be turning 32. My life with these 2 have been incredible, watching them learn and listening to them talk especially cracks me up. Madi has now learned the art of speaking with her hands...she does this "claw" with her hand when she gets super excited...oh and she has decided to be a girl now and wear dresses. NICE! Tyler is your typical boy, loves boobs and baseball. He is drawn to young blonds with long hair. Oi vay!

They will begin kindergarten in the fall and I think that is when all the fun will REALLY begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment