Monday, June 7, 2010

This WILL Be the Last Pack of Pull Ups...

You know how they say it's much easier to train girls than boys? that's BS! So when my precious son turned 3 and we started on the potty business it was tough in the beginning because good god what a commitment! Who has time to take them to the toilet every hour and then give them a flippin M&M for trying or 2 if they really go? I found myself sitting in front of him on the toilet and going through a jar of M&Ms myself and then there's no more for HIM! I probably gained about 15 pounds from that ordeal...but Tyler did catch on. Then he kept himself dry all night! What a dry angel!

So then there is my precious daughter. She couldn't care less. I tried EVERYTHING short of a brand new BMW for a 3 year old! Then I tried guilt. At this point we were 3.5 or 4 years old now. Tyler could just do no wrong since he goes to the potty and she didn't care. Tyler got new toys. She didn't care. Although I was deemed as being cruel by my husband for giving him a toy in front of her...but she didn't tinkle and that's the deal! I told him that he should reserve his judgement for when I made him move in with his mother. So I left it alone. One day she wakes up and tells me she wants to go pee and she did!

At this point we're still talking about the day not even overnight...but still a joyous occasion. Now I have to say to the new moms. The whole pull up thing for the day is not the best. Go cold turkey. It took Tyler longer because he knew he had the pull up on, with Madi, I went straight to the undies and she may have had 1 or 2 accidents but that was it. Oh! and btw...poopy training is a whole new story!

My kids would not poop in the toilet. I was so desperate at the time I would say ok, no diapers, but i will give you a diaper to poop in. Then that really started to drag, so....here comes the choices: if you have to poop you either go in the toilet...or you can go outside in the bushes. But this mommy is all done changing diapers. Although we had a week of contstipation they FINALLY pooped in the toilet!!! yes! we are almost trained humans now.

And this brings us to today...Tyler has been trained now forever! and then there's my beloved Madison. God help me Madison. The girl will NOT keep her bed dry. I did the cold turkey method and we had to go back to pull ups because the city of Newton was thanking me for helping them fund the NNHS project with the amount I was paying for my water! I was doing laundry EVERY DAY! Not to mention the stocks for Tide and Downy! I have tried waking her up at midnight to pee...but then at 2am she'll come in all wet. How does a little girl have sooooo much pee in her?! She even at one point get up and say "Mommy, my bed is wet", so I'd get up, still sleeping, can't see cuz I didn't bother putting my glasses on and walk into her room with her, and as we are walking in, she says, "well, it's actually only a little wet." So I say ok and checked her bed and feeling for the not so wet spot...and yes I found it when I slapped my hand on her mattress and right into a PUDDLE of urine. Not so wet?!?! and I'm half blind at this point! So yes...we are back in Pull Ups.

When I consulted with her pediatrician I almost crapped my pants and fell on the floor. She said, "well Mona, it's not too bad, and i wouldn't worry. If she was 8 then I would be more concerned."

I'm sorry, did she say EIGHT?!?!?!? as in YEARS OLD?!?!?! Is she serious? quite honestly by THAT time I may be in Depends! Hells no this will NOT happen in my house. So I continue to bribe.

She sees things on TV and asks for it, my answer "yes. as soon as you wake up with a dry pull up." ok. She continues to ask for things and TYLER answers her "yes when you have a dry pull up". still wet. She asks me again one morning, and I give her my standard answer. But the devil that she is threw me off when she paused and asked me when Christmas was...this girl is tough! She continues to tell me that maybe she'll just wait for Santa!!! how do I answer this?!?! So I collect my thoughts,and I admit, took me longer than norm and said, "well Santa actually just emailed me to check on you and I told him still wet Pull Up and I will not lie to Santa." The girl actually is calling me bullshit! She said, "No, he'll come."

I am now desperate! When will my smart daughter wake up to go pee??? When will I stop buying Pull Ups?

No comments:

Post a Comment