Saturday, June 5, 2010

FYI...Your child IS mean!

As we graduate from preschool and prepare for kindergarten and the kids are getting older and smarter I am now hearing stories of mean kids. Instinctively I want to go to the school and trip the kid so he/she can really hurt for being mean to my kid! How dare they?!?! MY BABY!!! Intellectually I know I can't be protecting my kids 24/7, but how do I deal with this? What do I tell my kids?


Reminds me of that episode of "The Brady Bunch" when Buddy Hinton was picky on Cindy and then he punches Peter in the eye. Mike Brady tells him to reason with Buddy and that doesn't work until Mike decides it's time to teach Peter to fight. Well if it's ok for the Bradys to fight then it's ok for us as well right?! So...do I teach the kids to fight?


As a parent of pre-K'ers I often find myself stop and not get involved with kids issues and let them figure it out on their own. I really don't want to be "one of those parents". I don't talk to my kids like they are still in the womb, I don't spoon food them, and yes! I am teaching them to be responsible for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment