Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who Said That?!??!

So there I was in bed with the tv on and the kids relaxing next to me. This is our little ritual before they hop into their own beds. My husband comes into the room with his laptop on and on a page for something or the other and walks by us...

"You really have to stop spending money, you spend too much money, you should save it for us to go to Disney World!"

Who said that?! It sounded like something I would say, but it wasn't me! It was Madi. The girl is like a sponge. Totally called her father out...not that she's wrong, but how hilarious. Not something I've ever said to her but she must have heard us talking and was listening without us knowing. The timing of the whole thing was fantastic, she sees him with the laptop on a screen and BAM! he must be buying something. Nothing gets past her.

The bluntness and the honesty of my daughter is wonderful. We had taken a day trip to the outlets in Maine and I had said to my husband on the drive up "I didn't want to invite my mom because she'd be making us stop constantly for the bathrooms." so we go on with our day, forgetting I had even said that in passing. We get home it's late and everyone's tired so we all go to bed. The next morning my mom calls to see how the trip had gone and when she was speaking to Madi she teased her by asking why we didn't bring her along with us. So, Madi responds by saying "because you go to the bathroom too much!" So I immediately got on the phone and had to do some damage control immediately. Oi vay!

There is no filter and she will say whatever comes to mind. Now that it's summer and hot out, my father or brother are topless at times and if you ask her for a hug she'll say, "put on a shirt first, I don't like your nipballs!" and the questions! "Why is that lady so fat?" or if we see a young child doing something that they really shouldn't be doing, my Madi will tell me this so loud that everyone within a mile radius could hear.

My favorite is when we are in an elevator. How many times have we been in this situation?! The other person in the elevator is wearing perfume or cologne so strong that you feel like passing out. My beautiful daughter would say, "Mommy, somebody STINKS in here! Who is it?!" and of course it would just be me, Madi, Tyler and the smelly person in the elevator. These are the times I treasure, cracks me up and to the stinky person...serves you right to wear something so stinky!

No comments:

Post a Comment