Friday, July 2, 2010

Holy Gawd!!!

Today was THE DAY...I should have known something like this was going to happen. To say that this week was incredibly crazy is an understatement. I was so busy with work, my phone was ringing off the hook, not that I am complaining, but I don't have anyone to watch my kids on Thursdays and Fridays so I fend for myself. I normally manage ok, and in the past 5 years I have managed well too, but it's like all of a sudden these kids have just become these crazy kids!!!

So we start off our morning ok, we woke up, gave them our "plan" and proceeded. Had breakfast, then off to the supermarket to gather all the ingredients for our cookout tomorrow...thinking back now I should not have agreed to host a bbq for my in-laws...what was i thinking? but it's the holiday weekend, so ok, and I'm making my efforts to keep the peace...and I digress...so anyways at the market my kids were their normal crazy selves nothing out of the ordinary. Although, Madison now just talks too much, when I asked the produce man for zucchini and he was going to go get it, Madison follows and says "No, No, you don't have it!" I don't even say anything anymore...I just don't have the energy.

Then we get home. I got all the groceries unloaded into the kitchen and the kids wanted to play outside....so after stalling for a bit to put some of the stuff away, I allowed them to play outside in the backyard as long as I could see and hear them. It was a beautiful day and I had all my windows open, the kids were playing with their supersoakers getting themselves all wet and just having fun. It was beautiful. I had a call from a client so I told the kids I can see them but will be on the phone for a bit and they said ok and continued on. As I am on the phone in the kitchen with my client, I look over and realize...IT IS RAINING IN MY DININGROOM!!!!! I run over, client in tow on the phone, and shut the window. I look out and see Madison with the hose spraying the water at full force right into the house. Did she think she was a firefighter? I could not even breathe!!! I finished my phonecall, and pulled them right in the house. She was confined to her room and she didn't fight me...she knew she was in deep shit. There were PUDDLES on my diningroom table, my laptop (thank god closed) was all wet, the napkins in the napkin holder were soaked, the chairs had puddles, and the carpet was all wet. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh.

After a good 10 mins in her room she was allowed to come back out, but all tv privledges gone and absolutely no "Big Time Rush". So she lays down on the couch and takes a nap. Wonderful, so I go down to my work area and make some calls in peace. Tyler plays on the floor next to my desk quietly...wow isn't this great? Then we go up to get some lunch. AFter lunch we come back down for something and I was HORRIFIED.

My precious baby boy Tyler, who could really do no wrong had taken a black marker and decided to practice writing some letters....ON THE CARPET. He did this while I was on the phone. What is wrong with these kids?! Are they on drugs? Am I feeding them too much processed foods? What is it?!?!? I just couldn't believe all this happened all in one day.

So we are all in the car and their father had come home now, and we were running a couple of errands and he was lecturing them about how disappointed we are and perhaps Madison should go and live on Shutter Island (our new threat, she saw a commercial and it freaked her out) and Tyler gets no X Box. Then he says well i didn't buy you guys gum today because you did not behave and Madison, my lovely daughter replies, "well, anyway, I don't want gum." So my response to that was dinner. After such a day and feel like the heroine in one of those violent movies who comes away scratchfree from an explosion...well I actually probably look more like a zombie with one arm barely attached, head crooked, hair all disheveled and eyes crossed...and again I digress...so after such a day and after that answer from Madison, my response was dinner. i felt like sushi and damn it i will get sushi. The kids love sushi too...well i've only given them cooked stuff, but they got none tonight! and boy were they sorry. YES! Finally! 2 points for mommy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment