Tuesday, July 26, 2011

5 steps forward and 1 step back...

So we had a wet bed last night...oy!

She told me that she woke up and and "forgot I got my bedsheet back and thought I was still sleeping on the plastice", as if THAT was ok...to pee on the plastic. I explained to her that it wasn't so much the bedsheet, but that peeing in her bed was just not ok! That mommy and daddy don't do it and neither does Tyler! So she continues and demands that I just give her her pull up back. "Just give it back to me!" she says.

I ask, "and how long do you plan on wearing pull ups?"
She answers, "I don't know"
"Well none of your friends wear them, so how will you explain this to them?"
"I just wont' tell them, I'll lie and say I don't wear them."

Just like that. She will lie and say she won't wear them. Where did this girl come from?! How does she figure all this out??? and how much of it do I need to tolerate?! For the love of god already!

I had set my alarm for 1230AM like usual and she peed all over herself early! at 1130pm! she's early! she's not suppose to pee at 1130PM! what is she doing?! So when I was chatting with her about it this morning, she had the audacity to accuse me of not waking her up! I said Madison! I had my alarm set for the regular time! YOU were early! and why can't YOU wake YOURSELF up?!? MY mother doesn't come over to wake ME up to go to the bathroom! Are you serious?!? "Oh, well just give me my pull ups back!" I informed her that all that hard work has to start all over again. She got angry and informed me that I was wrong. She will challenge me the whole way. I know some of you may think that I should make the goal shorter so that she can easily attain it, but you have to know the history of this child. We have been down this path many times and unfortunately easily attainable goals will not help her. Thats what getting her bedsheet, her babies back were for...the big prize will require more work from her. She's a big girl now and I will not baby here and blame it on "trend."

I'm thinking...although it could backfire if she is stubborn enough, to say ok fine, you can have your pull ups back. However if you wear them to sleep you have to wear them to school too. Let's see how that sits with her....

No comments:

Post a Comment