Monday, July 18, 2011

My Poor Wet Little Girl...

I know she is trying. I also know she wants to. She just can't wake up dry. She also can't get herself to wake up when she needs to go. I set my alarm to get her up in the middle of the night and yet she STILL manages to wet herself. The other day she says to me "just give me my pull ups back!" My daughter is persistent. I know she is just waiting for me to give up and give her those pull ups back...but I just won't do it.

I now have her sleeping on just her mattress cover with only a baby blanket and a pillow. She has ruined her body pillow which I was so not happy about and I have taken away her "babies" that she sleeps with. She has been attached to those babies since birth! I thought for sure that those babies would be the ones that would do her in...nope! I also took dessert away from her. The first night I took it away her father decides to give it to her anyways. I told him that he better get up to clean up her mess in the middle of the night because I am exhausted! He agreed and said that taking her dessert away was not going to help. So here's how that night rolled out...

4am...Madi comes in..."Can I change?" Kevin, "Madi! Are you serious? Again?! you said you would get up and go to the toilet!" gets up and gets her new clothes. Now I'm awake and listening to all this. He comes back. I ask, "Did you clean off her bed?", "yes", "really? did you just dry it off with a towel or did you clean it with a wet one?" He gets up with a grunt and goes to the bathroom and gets a wet towel to clean her mattress cover and dries it off again. Then he gets back into bed and I'm lying there wide awake and he seriously starts snoring! I watch the sun come up again!!!

I just don't know what to do! I tell her that I love her. I want to help her. She is going to the first grade and soon her friends will want to do sleepovers and what will she do then? She can't go in her pull ups! She's tough. She puts up a front like she doesn't care but i know that deep down she does. She cares a lot.

Most kids don't like to feel dirty...especially when they get to this age when they know what it is and how gross it really is! She can't stand dirtiness...that's what I don't get. Knowing that something dirty is near her grosses her out...yet she is ok sleeping in her peed on bed. In my delirium when she has come in to tell me she is wet I have told her to go back to sleep and she has! In her wet clothes and bed!

I refuse to buy an alarm to hook up to her underwear. I don't know how old she will be when she is finally trained overnight...but my suspicions are that when she is finally trained it might be time for me to get into some Depends!

No comments:

Post a Comment