Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Don't Get It...

I wake up every morning and look at my babies. They are turning 7 this November. I can still remember bringing them home from the hospital. What an incredible ride it's been and it's still going on and on and on. I have to say there has not been one dull moment in our lives ever since the twins have been born although Madison may disagree, she still constantly sits there and complains about being bored. My wish is for a day of boredom!

So how does this child with just so much wisdom...I mean it has to be wisdom right? She has input on just about everything anyone says or does in this house. She "teaches" Tyler how to do things the "right way" and she advises him on how to do things and what he should do. Like yesterday, they were hanging out in their play area in the basement and I was working in my office not far from them. My radars are alway picking up what they are saying and although it doesn't appear that I am paying attention, which admittedly sometimes I'm not, but there are times that something will click into place...so yesterday I suddenly pick up signals.

Madison: "hey Tyler wouldn't it be a great idea if we have popcorn and sit here and watch our cartoon like a movie?"
Tyler: "oh yeah!"
Madison: "ok! you go ask mom!"
Tyler: "ok"

and I hear feet running up the stairs coming to my office. Tyler, Tyler...the poor little man just got tricked by the wicked...wicked smart little Madison.

"Madison, I heard that whole conversation and don't you ever trick Tyler into asking for snacks for you again!"
"No Mom! But Tyler does want it too!
"Madi, it was YOUR idea so YOU should ask me not Tyler!"

Needless to say they both went back down with no snacks. There are many other things she suggests for others that I just can't blog about...not until they are no longer with us so that I don't offend them. This little girl is just so on her toes. So now I ask the question...

WHY DOES SHE KEEP WETTING HER BED?!?! Good lord! I'm sick in bed with a 101 temp, fluid in my ears and her father snoring next to me. She wakes me up to say she needs to be changed because she has wet her bed. I go to her room and not only has she wet her bed, but she has converted her bed into a complete WATERBED! How big is her bladder?!?! CAN it be bigger than her head?!?! OMG! I just don't get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment