Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And the Oscar Goes To...

Her talent is really being wasted, I am her only audience to her inspiring performance of "dying with boredom". Not that I am counting, but only 18 days until camp for 2 weeks...we get up this morning, great morning, the kids have some quiet time and play with their legos in Tyler's room. They come down for a little breakfast and then we take daddy to the train station and we come back home for a couple of hours before my parents take them for the rest of the afternoon. That's when IT started.

We were in the car and Madi made Tyler angry and so then Tyler taunts her and says she still pee pees in her bed so she swings her arm over and hits him in the arm. He instantly busts out crying with tears the size of quarters running down his face, "Mommy! Madi hit me!" and slaps her back. Now we are at war. I sit there and wonder..."wtf?!", do I open the door get out and just run down rt 9 until I can't run anymore? I know I wouldn't get far...and I'd probably still be able to hear them. I'm numb not knowing what to do, I'm just too drained to be dealing with this so early in the morning.

So we get home. I tell them my standard, do not play, look, talk, or breathe at or near each other. Everyone to their own rooms. So Tyler runs up and shuts his door. Madi goes up and sits in her room and the slow death begins...she was screaming and crying and yelling and I really expected to walk in and see her head spinning like "The Exorcist" and green crap would be flying out at me from every direction. I "ignore" her as best I can, but of course one really can't ignore all that screaming and crying but I don't react to it. She's yelling out, "OMG! I just can't do this! I am sooooo bored! OMG! I'm done! Can I come out now? is my timeout over?!?" so I remind her calmly "Actually Madison, your time out doesn't start until you be quiet and calm down." "Wahhhhhhhhhh......what?!? I can't do this Mommy! i'm so bored! I can't sit here! MOM start the timer!!!!!" And this goes on and on and on. The tears! the drama in her voice. She totally beats out Susan Lucci as Erika Cane.

Believe it or not this goes on for an hour. Short for her...sometimes this can take a couple of hours. and I think to myself...crap this is when I become my mother. I hear her saying this to me and my brother when we were younger. "There are only the 2 of you, why do you have to fight like this?!" These are the joyous moments of motherhood when I want to just ram my head into the wall repeatedly until the pain just goes away. I look at my little angels, my bundles of joy...my miracle babies really...and they are so cute, so precious...with horns hiding under their hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment