Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh Shit?!?

It has been just insane to say the least. Work has been crazy busy and the kids have grown into these new animals. Being able to work at home a few hours with them here requires a lot of tv, toys, popsicles and/or ice cream cones, and candy. Then I would just have to deal with the sugar rush later on. Yesterday was one of the few days I had where my parents take the kids for me so I can work in peace.

So as I am working and the clock is ticking and dinner time is approaching, I run upstairs with my laptop and continue to work and field phonecalls as I am preparing dinner so that it's ready when my kids and husband get home. Sounds like a lot right? because it is! oh and did I mention there are 2 loads of laundry cleaned, but just needs to be brought up as well? Ok, so we're all home we have dinner and I go to clean the dishes...and this is when IT happened.

I am doing the dishes when I hear Tyler bawling from the bathroom. Just flat out bawling so hard, his little big head was turning red from the crying and his father...well his head looked like it was going to explode as well! I run up there to find them both in there and I'm trying to find out what the problem was, Tyler couldn't speak because he was bawling and his father was yelling and I couldn't understand. After a few minutes of this I find out that there is crap all over Tyler's hands and his t shirt...Holy Shit...literally.

His father continues to scream and yell and Tyler continues to cry. I look at this scenario and just wanted to punch him right in the face...not Tyler's of course. Ok so yeah it's gross, but our kids don't make it a habit of playing with their crap and this is the first time ever that this has happened, does he find out why? NO! Why is it that you leave a man to deal with a situation like this he just can't deal? So I finally had to scream to get him to listen to me and made him leave the bathroom. I got Tyler off the toilet, took his t shirt off and threw it in the tub and got Tyler to the sink to wash him off. Then I cleaned up his t shirt and made sure the area was cleaned. So ok admittedly, it was NASTY and I'm not sure how it really happened still, but there was crap even on the tiles on the wall!!! So I asked Tyler what happened and he told me he had to "take a dump" and there was a humungous ant on the roll of toilet paper and it scared him, and he didn't know what to do. That's all he would say, I still don't know how there was crap all over himself.

After getting cleaned up he went back out to the livingroom and his father seriously asked him if he had washed his hands with soap. Really?! So I told him no, we gave his hands a quick rinse under some cold water, it should be fine...and life goes on. Not sure what all the drama was about, but that was about 10 years off his life not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment