Friday, April 1, 2011

Gotcha!

Why is it that every morning Madison gets a tummyache when drinking her milk? Is she lactaid intolerant? That wouldn't be surprising since I am as well. And not that it's an excuse, but mornings in my house is like a windstorm. I get them cleaned up and dressed and manage to come downstairs and I get some food on the table. The kids start to eat. I have to make sure Tyler takes all his asthma medication so that the kid can continue to breathe...that's kind of important right?! Then I start packing the snacks. On Thursdays and Fridays I have to pack an extra lunch as well as these are their long days. Then half way through I realize oh crap I forgot to slap on a little something on my face so that I don't scare ALL the kids on the way to school so I run up and at least throw on some foundation and powder and a little eyeliner so I look even and not like a monster that just crawled out from under the bed. Back downstairs to finish packing the snacks and lunches. During the winter I like to give the kids a hot lunch so I don't warm it up until it's closer to the time we leave which makes the scramble even harder. Now somewhere in this rushing I admit I'm not paying a lot of attention to the kids, so they could bury their cereal in a plant, and this is why I don't have any live plants in the house, but they could hide their cereal somewhere...but this is when Madi will start her "mommy, I have a tummy hurt!" and I don't have time to argue with her and in the back of my mind I'm thinking lactaid intolerance? and I try to argue with her to finish her milk she needs it blah blah blah, her nails will fall out, her hair will fall out, stuff will start rotting, you name it I've done and said it. I've even kept it and would make her drink it when she came home after school and made her miserable and she still puts up a show in the morning. Finally this morning I earned my Ph.D!!! "Mommy...my tummy hurt!" "Oh no Madi, I was afraid of that happening again." "Why mommy?" "because I think you might have a worm in your tummy. Your tummy hurts every morning and that means that you must have a worm" and you hear silence. "Oh...well it doesn't hurt anymore" "No Madi, I'm really scared, I need to take you to the hospital. Let's drop Tyler at school and I'm taking you right away. I don't want the worm to get too big. Bring your babies incase you have to stay overnight. Sometimes if the worm is too big they have to operate to get it out. oh my poor baby! I'm so scared for you!" "No mom, I'm just kidding, it doesnt' hurt! Tyler's tummy hurt!" and you hear Tyler yelling "NO it doesn't!!!! I finished my milk!!!" And today on April Fools Day I have earned my Ph.D in Madison Psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment