Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Me? A Polygamist?!

Some women wear there engagement ring and their wedding band everyday, I on the otherhand only wear it if we are going out. I just don't feel like I need to be wearing it when my day involves playing with the kids, cleaning up crap, cooking, going to school, getting the kids in and out of the car, prying things open with my fingers and sometimes fingernails if not my teeth! Now that tball season is starting and I will be coaching Tyler's team again I definitely won't be sporting the diamonds around town and the days of manicured nails, well those were gone the day they were born! I really much rather use my "spare time" to take a nap...and quite frankly in the 6 years I haven't had that free time yet... So this past weekend we were going out shopping and then dinner and so I put on my watch and rings. I was actually going to be a grown up. The kids now understanding more and more and completely wrapped up with the institution of marriage noticed right away that I had my wedding rings on again. Madison growing progressively more girly wanted to see them and so I let her try them on, that's when she realizes that they are two rings put together. GASP! "OMG Mommy! You are married to TWO people?!?!" At first I had no clue what she was talking about and then I realized why she thought that. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Who Mommy?! Who are you married to?!? Oh! I know! Are you married to LL?!?!" I could not stop laughing. My baby girl remembers that I say LL Cool J is my "boyfriend" and now she thinks I'm married to him AND her father. So she starts to ask why he doesn't live with us and if he's on vacation so I just told her yes. I know it's wrong and she'll start telling people in school that her mother is married to two people and one of them is LL. but whoever believes that has to be an idiot. Maybe now I can start my own version of "Brother Husbands" and make tons of money and live on a compound. I can just go hang out and be with flavor of the day and if one makes me angry I go on to the next. Although let's be real, 1 husband is enough to make me jump why would I want more than 1?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment