Thursday, August 5, 2010

Do we do WHAT?!?

Finally the day has come when my husband had to field one of the difficult questions in life and yes he ran like a mouse that was in a dark room and the lights all of a sudden came on. I was working late as usual and had a client on the phone when he comes running in and trying to find a pen and paper so he could write this down. All the while he was laughing so hard and trying to just tell me instead of write it but hello?! I had a client on the phone.

I finish my call and he tells me that Tyler has asked him..."Daddy, do you and mommy have sex?" dun dun DUN!!! What?!? how does he know this? is this another spongebob thing? Does Spongebob and Patrick have sex? or is it Squidward? or the snail that meows like a cat? and of course because Kevin runs off laughing and trying to tell me what was just asked the kids now know it's causes a huge reaction and is loving this and will continue to talk about it because it makes us laugh. Granted I probably would have laughed too, but then it needs to be addressed and of course he had no clue and so again the job was left to me.

So we sit down at dinner and we talk about what happened at camp and who were their new friends, etc, etc. So I bring up the question and said "Tyler, what did you ask Daddy again?" and he says "um...do daddy and you have sex?" and I ask "Tyler where did you hear that?" and he tells me Luke. Luke is a boy who was in his preschool class. "Tyler, do you know what that means?" and Tyler and Madi look at each other and laugh and he proudly tells me "thats when you and daddy hug and kiss" and he puckers up his lips and they both giggle away. So I don't tell him if he's right or wrong, but i do tell him that it's inappropriate for kids to talk about, only adults. He does ask me why and I told him that it just is.

Whether or not it's something he had heard from preschool is unknown...however it isn't something discussed at home, nor on the programs that they watch. Unless Dora has taken to a new sport with Diego? but Diego is her cousin! that would be gross no? Or it could be Ni Hao Kai Lan and her little monkey friend Ho Ho? As we enter elementary school they will start hearing stuff from the older kids and it is now hitting me that I am really in for a ride...maybe the bars will go up on the kids' windows sooner than I had planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment