Monday, January 9, 2012

Yet Another Holy Shit Moment...

I know we always say wow our weekends just fly by and as the twins get older the weekends really do fly by. As they do get older they have their own social lives and I'd like to be able to develop my own social life again...whatever that may be. This morning I got the kids to school and I saw Tyler put his folder in his cubby and it happened to open a little and there were papers in there. Normally I would take everything out so that it's empty when he takes it back to school. Even if I can't look at his work I put it in a pile and check out his progress later on...so it was obvious that we didn't even look at his folder over the weekend. How embarrassing. What's even more embarrassing is that I KNOW Madi's folder would be a mess as she shoves EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink in her folder and I am always taking everything out...so her teacher will definitely know that I did not go through her stuff...oy! So I stood there and thought "what in the hell is going on?! what did we do after school yesterday that I didn't look in your folder?!" and then it hit me. OMG! We didn't have school yesterday! It was the weekend! So that's even worse! I seriously could not remember we had a weekend and just lost 2 days from my memory!!!

My problem is that although I am not a single mother and I KNOW there are a lot of moms out there that feel the same way I do, I feel like I am! I have to do everything myself. Why? And as I think back to this weekend now I think I know why I've wiped it out of my mind. I was actually asked at one point..."So I'll actually have Madi by myself all day?!" I told him "yes!" and he actually grunted. It was a day out of the ordinary as normally on Sunday mornings I have my walking groups and then I would do my food shopping and then take one or 2 kids to a birthday party if there was one and if not I would have them do some activity. However yesterday was different. I am on the reunion committee for our 20th High School Reunion and so yesterday was our first meeting and that was followed with a birthday party for Tyler's friend. This happened with work calls in between and work calls right when I returned from the party. Oh and the THREE loads of laundry I put away that were sitting in baskets in the livingroom. He had "helped" me by folding them. Thank you! So I didn't get a chance to relax until about 5pm...and HE had it hard.

I'm thinking it's less headache and much more fun to not have a husband and to just have a nanny and a boyfriend? just saying...

So as I stood there this morning in Tyler's class and thouht what happened?! and all these memories came gushing back and I had a big "a-ha!" moment. I turned to his teacher and said oops! thank goodness there was no homework, but he is clean and I did feed him!

No comments:

Post a Comment