Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Is it Like Fungus?!

As I was getting dressed this morning Madison was with me. We are at the point now where of course I don't let Tyler watch me getting dressed but if Madison is in the room I don't make a big deal. I do turn around so she's not looking at me butt naked, but exercise a bit of modesty. She's really curious about bras though and has been asking me a lot of questions. She sees them hanging everywhere! When we even walk into Target they are hanging in the kids section and she's asking asking about them. Being naked and your body should not be taboo and I've never been a believer of making up crazy names for body parts.

So she asked me why I wear bras. I said when you get older I will explain it to you. She then asks will I wear one too? and I said yes, when you get older. Then she asked, how come some are so big? "Well Madi, people are all different sizes and shapes. So some breasts are larger and so they need a larger bra. People grow when they get older." and she then responds "really?!? you mean I will grow too?! do you mean they grow like fungus?!"

That took me by surprise. It was so funny. So innocent. and so true! they can be like fungus! They can get annoying! and sometimes itchy...

What a journey I am about to go on...

Just this past weekend Tyler went to a pool party and afterwards all the boys went into the locker room to change. Most of the little boys just dropped trousers and stood their with their jewels just out for all to see. Everyone started to point and giggle. Tyler was more modest and asked me to help him hide himself so that he could change and I had to explain that while it's ok to be modest that it's ok. As he grows up there will be times like this especially since he is into sports that he will be in a lockerroom and everyone will be changing! It was really cute and funny to watch all this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment